* 2019 International Emmy Award Nominee
* Winner of the 2019 Kidscreen Awards – Best Original Learning App
* Winner of 2019 Rockies Award – Children & Youth
* Rated A+ for educational value by Common Sense Media
* Winner of the Parents’ Choice Award 2018
If you are looking for an app that is aesthetically pleasing, educational, easy to use, and fun, look no further! MarcoPolo app has you covered. Right from the get-go, this app gives a very personal feel. While setting up your profile, you get to choose from a handful of adorable avatars that are sure to capture the interest of younger children. You will be prompted to select topics of interest, and based on those selections, a curriculum is created.
Once your lessons are put together, it is time to explore! Core subjects and basic educational skills are integrated into over 500 video lessons and 3,000 interactive learning activities. The videos are short, usually under a couple of minutes. If you chose sports as an area of interest, some videos show and teach about basketball, soccer, and weightlifting-just to name a few. Not only does your child learn about these sports, but they also will learn skills such as counting, when they are asked to spot how many weights are on the bar. This is just one example of the endless learning opportunities in this thoughtfully crafted app.
I love how the app uses adorable avatars to virtually fly all over the world to share information about the areas of interest you’ve chosen. The video lessons use real-life objects/animals/insects, etc. It is a nice mixture of imagination and reality!
This app offers a free 30-day trial, but after that requires a monthly or yearly subscription. I highly recommend giving it a try!
Available for download through iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon Appstore. Also available for use on PC and Mac. (Only tested on an iPhone.)
- Unlimited access to over 400+ lessons and 3000+ interactive, fun learning activities.
- STEAM + Literacy curriculum designed by Ph.D. early childhood specialists.
- Develop 21st-century skills with the four C’s: Critical Thinking, Creativity, Communication, and Collaboration.
- Contextualized learning encouraging real-world knowledge application.
- Perfect for kids aged 3-7 years.
- Exclusive new content in regular updates.
- The perfect gift for curious minds.
- The only app that prepares kids for school and beyond.
- COPPA and GDPR certified.
Members can view more content, create wishlists, and much more!
Click here to become a member!